Thursday, June 30, 2011

Green (original song, ukulele)



Money doesn't grow on trees But what if it did? Think of all of those leaves Of green overhead What if they weren't leaves, But five and tens, instead? Fives and tens! I pick up a bunch of leaves And I head to the store The clerk does not believe I am sane anymore He just shakes his head And he points me toward the door Toward the door He wants money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money He wants money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money I sit up in my tree And it seems like it's the end It suddenly comes to me That this tree's my only friend So I ask if it could see It's way to loan to me ten? Loan me ten I actually asked a tree What was I thinking of? But then, my friend, the tree Gave itself a mighty shove And blossomed currency On its branches up above Up above It grew money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money It grew money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money

5 comments:

  1. Love this one of yours if only if it was true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don, where can i find that tree, please?! ;P
    LIked it a lot, great singing and video presentation ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rutle This one is special to me because of you. Any girl with that much money laying around the house is automatically my best friend. Thanks for the help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @albrenza It sounds great, doesn't it, but it means a lot of yard work. Thanks, Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @DearOldNutjob2 Yes Ben franklin does open up a lot of doors lol.

    ReplyDelete